Principals' Messages

Warm greetings to you!

My name is Nada El Kayssi and it is my pleasure and privilege to join Al Bayan Bilingual School as the High School principal. 

I hail from Beirut, Lebanon, bringing with me twenty plus years of international teaching and administrative experience. I spent the last ten years serving the parents and children of UAE as the principal of the school in two different campuses.

I attained my Master’s degree from Syracuse University, New York, in Teaching and Curriculum. I have long experience and training in the requirements of the American diploma and International Baccalaureate (MYP and DP).

The top priority in High School is student success. Success is typically when the student graduates fulfilling the graduation requirements that prepare them for college. The other success measure is when the student develops the love for learning and becomes a life-long independent learner. Our goal is for all students to be ‘successful.’

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn” – Alvin Toffle. 
May the learning begin!

Looking forward to a successful year,

Nada El Kayssi 
High School Principal

Welcome to the high school at Al-Bayan Bilingual School!

Welcome back to Al-Bayan Bilingual School! We are excited to get the 2017-2018 school year started.  As a school community, we look forward to working with students, teachers, parents, and families to ensure that all students have a rich, fulfilling year.  It never fails, in my twenty years in education, that the beginning of the school year brings a sense of renewal and excitement. 

At Al-Bayan (BBS), our focus is on your student as a whole.  As a school, we work to prepare your child for challenges of the 21st century and focus on critical thinking and real-world problem based learning in our curricula.  We value the academic success of our students as well as their character development and strive to ensure that our students are fully rounded global citizens.  We are continuing development our use of the Tribes process and renewing and expanding our commitment to community service as part of character development. We strive for all BBS community members to use the four Tribes agreements (Mutual Respect, Attentive Listening, Right to Pass, and Appreciation).

As a school we provide many different ways that students, parents, and teachers can be actively involved in our community.  Students have a plethora of activities to become involved in during their high school career and teachers and parents play an integral role in our community, supporting their students by modeling expectations and reinforcing students’ independence and self-responsibility. 

I would like to emphasize that the school administration and teachers are here to work with families to create success for each and every student.  We are focused this year on implementing our inclusion policy, meaningful integration of technology with the curriculum, international mindedness, and always working to attain the goals of the BBS school-wide strategic plan.

The motivation to consistently seek academic excellence and the development of character in our students is evidenced by our graduates.  As they go out into the world to begin pursuing their dreams, they never fail to make us proud, tackling new experiences and challenges, always remembering their roots as BBS students.

Ms. Laura Divine
Assistant Principal