Welcome to High School

Dear Al-Bayan Bilingual School Community,

I am honored and excited to introduce myself as the new High School Principal for the 2023-2024 academic year. My name is Katrin Gendy, and I have been in education for 16 years (11 years as a middle and high school science teacher and 5 years as a high school assistant principal). I am thrilled to be joining the Al-Bayan Bilingual School community, and I look forward to working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff to create a vibrant and inclusive learning environment.

As we begin this new school year, I want to emphasize our commitment to academic excellence, student well-being, and community engagement. Our goal is to provide a rigorous and challenging curriculum that prepares students for success in college and beyond, while also fostering a love of learning and passion for personal growth. We believe that education is not just about acquiring knowledge, but also about developing critical thinking skills, creativity, and global awareness.

At Al-Bayan Bilingual School, we also recognize the importance of supporting student well-being and mental health. We are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment where students can thrive both academically and personally. Our counseling and support services are available to all students, and we encourage parents to be active partners in their child’s education and well-being.

Finally, I want to emphasize the importance of community engagement in our school. We believe that education is a collaborative effort, and we value the input and participation of all members of our community. We encourage parents to get involved in school activities and events, and we welcome your feedback and suggestions as we work together to provide the best possible education for our students.

I am thrilled to be joining the Al-Bayan Bilingual School community, and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you in the coming months. Together, we can create a school culture that fosters academic excellence, personal growth, and community engagement.

Sincerely,

Katrin Gendy 
M. Ed. Educational Leadership
High School Principal

Greetings BBS Family,

It is an honor to begin my 2nd year as Assistant Principal of Al-Bayan Bilingual High School. My first year at BBS was filled with so much joy and happiness as the BBS Community welcomed me so warmly. I look forward to a second year of learning and growing with my BBS family, as I consider all the students my own children. 

We begin this 2023-2024 with a new HS Principal and an entirely new HS Counseling department.  I look forward to working closely with both.  I consider the BBS faculty and staff as my brothers and sisters, guiding and educating our children together.

I turn 50 this year, a milestone.  I am excited that I will celebrate this milestone with my BBS family.  My son Adam begins his second year in University majoring in medicine.  I wish him all the success and joy that life has to offer.  My wife, Olivia, continues to be my “rock” as I continue to explore my international journey. 

Please know that my door is always open. I heartily welcome your input as a BBS stakeholder and greatly look forward to celebrating all of our wonderful successes with you throughout the upcoming year.

Sincerely, 

Mr. Haethem Abdlrasul 
M.Ed. Secondary Education
High School Assistant Principal

Dear BBS Community,

After 17 years as a High School teacher in various countries, 7 of them at BBS, it is now my pleasure to welcome you as your new Assistant Principal. My experience as both a teacher and head of department will support my new role in administration. I built my classroom on the idea of student-centered learning; listening to the student’s voice and respecting their choice. This spirit of partnership, both with the students and the parents, is something that I strongly believe in and look forward to continuing. It is what sets our school apart.

Al-Bayan is the top bilingual school in Kuwait. With more than four decades of commitment to education, our school has maintained a level of excellence rarely rivaled in the country. To stay true to this, and to our school’s vision, our administration and teachers are continuously introducing new programs while also revising and improving our already robust courses. At BBS we do not compromise when it comes to the quality of our students’ education. 

I am here to ensure that our students have the best high school experience. My door is always open and I look forward to meeting you.
I wish you every success.

Mr. Khaldoon Al-Ababneh
HS Assistant Principal